Director, Website Project Management
We are looking for a website project manager (preferably with 7-10+ years of experience) who has worked with websites on a deep level. Knowledge about how to build and launch websites is highly desirable.
Please follow the directions if you're interested!
Do you love to dig into the details, organize chaos, and hold people accountable as a servant leader?
As the Director of Website Project Management, you will lead creative projects, client relationships, and teammate accountability. Projects include:
- Building websites from the ground up to completion.
- Managing sites on an ongoing basis.
- Creating branding and logos.
- Managing the creation of marketing strategies and materials.
You will wear many hats and help find the right people to wear said hats as we are a small business. You will work cross-functionally with the senior management team to develop a long-term strategy, vision, and priorities for our business, clients, and team. Ultimately, you will help us build and execute our five to ten-year growth plans. Those ambitious plans include increasing the number of care plan clients we support from 80 to 1,000. This means we’ll need to expand our team as well and you’ll be crucial in both attaining the new clients and building the bigger team.
We welcome you to join our 100% remote (always) team that works on flexible schedules. You can work when you want, from where you want, as long as we have some overlap with Pacific time. With flexible working hours, you can enjoy a more laid-back pace for most projects. We try not to take on too many rush projects, though they do occasionally occur. We also set boundaries about who we work with (clients) to not say yes to everyone and everything.
- Quarterly remote parties, let the fun begin!
- Quarterly snack boxes right to your front door.
- The occasional, random virtual happy hour.
- When times are good, a yearly in-person meet-up.
- Yearly courses to improve your skills.
- Quarterly bonuses for work done well.
- Long term bonuses tied to company growth.
- 401k and matching.
- Health insurance, dental insurance.
- Excellent pay scale.
From Your Future Teammates:
I love this team; I'm so grateful to be part of it still.
- Corina P
I think work and the people who work here saved me this past year, encouraged me to grow, and continue to do so without even knowing it. Grateful always.
- Danielle I
I can't say enough good things about working here. It has been a pleasure. I brag about SHD all the time.
- Natalie M
I appreciate this team and how everyone shows up for one another, the clients, the work, all of it. I feel everyone's heart, and it's nice to be a part of a team like this one.
- Diane P
What you will be doing:
- Managing the team and any people challenges that may arise.
- Helping the team with any client-related issues.
- Managing projects for clients and managing our internal team.
- Helping to hire new people and letting go of those who are not a good fit.
- Performing quarterly reviews for the team.
- Encouraging and fostering positive team communication and overall happiness.
- Helping to set quarterly and yearly goals and strategies.
- Assisting with sales meetings and writing proposals.
- Improving and maintaining operations procedures and processes.
Skills & Abilities
What we would love to see in this role:
- Leads with kindness and compassion
- Teaches rather than tells
- Enjoys solving people challenges, whether clients or teammates, with an open mind and fair outlook on the resolution and compromises proposed
- Loves searching for and hiring new team members that add value to our culture and perform high-quality work
- Knows how to work with all different types of personalities and can navigate tough conversations diplomatically
Teamwork & Collaboration:
- Loves to help develop, maintain, and grow team happiness and culture
- Finds joy in helping people, whether a teammate or a client
- Is a strong communicator, both written and orally
- Enjoys working with complex concepts and simplifying them
Accountability & Integrity:
- Takes charge when something needs to be done, takes care of it.
- Geeks out over creating lists, checking things off, and discovering new tools in support of being highly organized and helping others with their organization
- Proactively sets expectations when managing people and projects so that everyone is on the same page and delivers on time.
- Believes in under-promising and over-delivering
- Believes that excellent communication is at the heart of everything
- Owns mistakes, learns, and grows from them
- Avoids blame when a teammate makes mistakes and helps them own, learn and grow from them
Creativity & Curiosity:
- Loves to take risks and try new things
- Is tech-savvy and not afraid to click on things or break them to figure out how they work (knowing, of course, that you cannot truly break them because there is a backup plan)
- Enjoys thinking through all the possibilities with the team to deliver what the clients need, not just what they want
- Embraces the unknown and can adapt to shifts in priorities
- Looks outside the day to day to ensure continuous learning
Quality & Excellence:
- Holds themself and teammates to high standards when it comes to producing products or services
- Has real experience building websites or can quickly learn how the process works from start to finish
- Has a desire to grow a small business and grow with the small business
Your experience will look something like this:
- Seven to ten (or more) years of experience
- managing website projects
- directly managing a team of five or more people.
- You have led operations for other companies.
- You have led teams that were able to execute consistently, delivering quality projects of the broadest scope and impact on time.
- You know WordPress inside and out and are innately familiar with the technical complexities.
- You have worked remotely (ha, hasn't everyone now?).
- You are used to wearing many hats (remember, small business).
Equal Opportunity & Dedication to Diversity
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. More details here.
One Last Thing
We must emphasize that you need to know how to build websites so that you are not just a middle person between our clients and developers. We want someone who can jump into the deep end.
This role is primarily a project management position with medium to heavy design and technical skills and operations tasks. It is a part-time/full-time position with roughly 30-40 hours of work per week.
Here is what to do next; follow these steps:
No agencies or teams, please.
- Fill out the form, linked below.
- When entering your Full Name, include "- Rockstar" at the end.
- In your Cover Letter, address the following items:
- What is your project management philosophy?
- Describe your work experience.
- Where do you look for inspiration?
- What are your career goals, and what would make you happiest?
- What are your three most vital attributes?
- Why are you suited to this position precisely?
- What is your most significant success?
- How would you rate yourself on a scale of 1-5 for each of these:
- Project Management, Operations, Marketing, Websites, Graphic Design, CSS, PHP, JS, and WP?
- What is your ideal compensation?
- Describe yourself in one GIF.
- Here is the form: https://forms.monday.com/forms/fcd04753b2fdc14c7ae1dcf09264fc15?r=use1