We build and have built many WordPress web sites which means we have a lot of clients to take care of. We’re looking for someone who can help maintain and take care of small WordPress requests in addition to building new sites. The position is part time and requires at least 15-30 hours per week. This will grow over time and could turn into full time if you want it to.
A little about the work: in some cases this is just logging in to make a simple text update (I know, the client could do this but in some cases they still prefer we do it); in other cases it might involve making updates to a WP template; in bigger cases maybe even adding a feature or finding the right plugin and integrating it; and occasionally building a site from scratch, where you would be handed a PSD.
- If you know SEO that’s even better, but not a must. We have a marketing partner who often gets SEO jobs and we’d love to have someone who knows a little about that who can help implement SEO improvements and strategies.
- If you know Less or Sass for CSS.
- If you do both design AND code.
If you meet the requirements above and are self-motivated with a positive attitude and are able to communicate clearly we would love to hear from you!
Interested? Here’s what to do next, follow these steps:
- Send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the subject line: “WordPress Web Helper”
- In the email, please include links to three sites you’ve coded in WordPress and let us know what you did to customize it
- Share your favorite WordPress plugins
- Include your hourly rate
- Answer these seven questions: Can you truly commit to 15-30 hours per week? Where do you live? How well do you know CSS? How well do you know PHP? Do you both design and code? How well do you know WordPress? What is your career goal and what would make you happiest?