Project Manager + Virtual Assistant
We are looking for a website project manager / virtual assistant (preferably with 2-3+ years of experience) who has worked with websites on a some level. This job is for that person who can wear many hats, manage multiple projects, help their team with important tasks, and is interested in exploring the world of website design.
Please follow the directions if you're interested!
Do you love to dig into the details, organize chaos, and move projects forward?
As a Smack Happy project manager and virtual assistant, you will help team members and clients, tackle administrative tasks independently, and organize the crap out of some processes. Projects may include:
- Keep an eye on support issues.
- Manage small to medium-sized projects.
- Handle customer requests.
- Assist with accounting tasks.
- Plan virtual (and eventually in-person) events.
- Do research for the business or client projects.
- Enter data on websites.
- Keep the team on track.
We’re looking for an ongoing partnership, and will be adding to your position as we get to know each other. We’re hoping this will grow into a bigger role with even more responsibility.
You’ll need to be friendly, organized, fun, communicative, honest, trustworthy, and able to see the big picture. You’ll be eager to take this opportunity to learn and you truly care about giving our clients the very best.
We welcome you to join our 100% remote (always) team that works on flexible schedules. You can work when you want, from where you want, as long as we have some overlap with Pacific time. With flexible working hours, you can enjoy a more laid-back pace for most projects. We try not to take on too many rush projects, though they do occasionally occur. We also set boundaries about who we work with (clients) to not say yes to everyone and everything.
- Quarterly remote parties, let the fun begin!
- Quarterly snack boxes right to your front door.
- The occasional, random virtual happy hour.
- When times are good, a yearly in-person meet-up.
- Yearly courses to improve your skills.
- Quarterly bonuses for work done well.
- 401k and matching.
- Health insurance stipend.
- Paid holidays and time off based on longevity.
- Excellent pay scale.
From Your Future Teammates:
I love this team; I'm so grateful to be part of it still.
- Corina P
I think work and the people who work here saved me this past year, encouraged me to grow, and continue to do so without even knowing it. Grateful always.
- Danielle I
I can't say enough good things about working here. It has been a pleasure. I brag about SHD all the time.
- Natalie M
I appreciate this team and how everyone shows up for one another, the clients, the work, all of it. I feel everyone's heart, and it's nice to be a part of a team like this one.
- Diane P
What you will be doing:
- Managing the team and any people challenges that may arise.
- Helping the team with any client-related issues.
- Managing projects for clients and managing our internal team.
- Helping to hire new people and letting go of those who are not a good fit.
- Performing quarterly reviews for the team.
- Encouraging and fostering positive team communication and overall happiness.
- Helping to set quarterly and yearly goals and strategies.
- Assisting with sales meetings and writing proposals.
- Improving and maintaining operations procedures and processes.
Skills & Abilities
What we would love to see in this role:
Teamwork & Collaboration:
- Loves to partake in and contribute to team happiness and culture.
- Finds joy in helping people, whether a teammate or a client.
- Is a strong communicator.
- Enjoys performing administrative and daily tasks.
Accountability & Integrity:
- Takes charge when something needs to be done, takes care of it, yet is good at knowing when to ask for help when they need it
- Proactively sets expectations when managing projects so that everyone is on the same page and tasks are delivered on time.
- Believes in under-promising and over-delivering.
- Believes that excellent communication is at the heart of everything.
- Owns mistakes, learns, and grows from them.
- Avoids blame when a teammate makes mistakes and helps them own, learn and grow from them.
Creativity & Curiosity:
- Loves to take risks and try new things.
- Enjoys thinking through all the possibilities with the team to deliver what the clients need, not just what they want.
- Embraces the unknown and can adapt to shifts in priorities.
Quality & Excellence:
- Holds themself and teammates to high standards when it comes to producing products or services.
- Enjoys completing projects and checking off task lists.
- Has a desire to grow with our business.
Familiar or have some experience with:
- Virtual meeting applications (like Zoom)
- Google Drive (Documents, Sheets, Presentations - similar to Microsoft Office)
- Chat applications (like Slack)
- Social media posting / scheduling (Direct or via scheduling applications like HootSuite or Buffer)
Your experience will look something like this:
- You have 2 to 5 years of experience in an administrative or project management role (Or more).
- You have worked remotely (Hasn't everyone now?).
- You are used to wearing many hats (Remember, small business).
- You know how to collaborate and effectively communicate with a remote team.
- You work well with other people and can build rapport quickly with both team members and clients.
- You are comfortable being on the front line, dealing directly with our clients.
- You are positive, assertive, and eager to grow.
- You can work within a project management software (We use Monday.com).
- You are familiar with WordPress and websites (and have a curiosity and desire to learn more in the future).
Equal Opportunity & Dedication to Diversity
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. More details here.
One Last Thing
This role is primarily a project management position with medium to heavy and technical skills and operations tasks. It is a part-time/full-time position with roughly 20-30 hours of work per week with a high likelihood of getting up to 40 hours.
This position only accepts applicants who live and work in the US.
Here is what to do next; follow these steps:
No agencies or teams, please.
- Fill out the form, linked below.
- When entering your Full Name, include “- Alpaca” at the end
- In your Cover Letter, cover the following items:
- What is your administrative and project management experience?
- How do you stay focused and organized in stressful situations?
- Where do you look for inspiration?
- What is your career goal and what would make you happiest?
- What are your three strongest attributes?
- Why are you suited to this position specifically?
- What is your desired hourly rate?
- How would you rate yourself on a scale of 1-5 for each of these:
- Organization, Project Managing, Multi-Tasking, Tech-Savvy, Website Knowledge, Digital Marketing, Attention to Detail, Customer Service.
- Describe yourself in one GIF.
- Here is the form: https://forms.monday.com/forms/fcd04753b2fdc14c7ae1dcf09264fc15?r=use1