Social Media Specialist
In this contract position, we are looking for someone that can provide social media strategy and execution.
Please follow the directions closely if you're interested!
Do you love diving into a new business and figuring out how to get them more followers, engagement and ultimately more business?
Would you describe yourself as someone who:
Is a top performer who loves strategy, copywriting, design and marketing challenges? An organized, self-starter who takes strategy and design tasks and runs with them? Loves to help people and make their lives easier? Design the crap out of a social media campaign with design principles and unique concepts? And believe in good usability and aesthetics?
If this describes you, then we need to talk.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for creating social media strategies, campaigns, copy and graphics. We’re constantly getting new projects with new challenges and the opportunity to help with on-going clients as they update their marketing with a new social media channel.
You'll be working with clients directly, tasked with keeping them on track, creating calendars and assets for them to approve, and helping them figure out exactly what and where they should be putting their social media efforts. We want to help them get the best ROI for their social strategies.
We welcome you to join our 100% remote (always) team that works on flexible schedules. You can work when you want, from where you want, as long as we have some overlap with Pacific time.
Our excellent culture embraces diversity and inclusion and encourages a healthy work/life balance. You will also enjoy positive team experiences and benefits like:
- Quarterly remote parties, let the fun begin!
- Quarterly snack boxes right to your front door.
- The occasional, random virtual happy hour.
- When times are good, a yearly in-person meet-up.
- Yearly courses to improve your skills.
- Quarterly bonuses for work done well.
- Excellent pay scale.
From Your Future Teammates:
I love this team; I'm so grateful to be part of it still.
- Corina P
I think work and the people who work here saved me this past year, encouraged me to grow, and continue to do so without even knowing it. Grateful always.
- Danielle I
I can't say enough good things about working here. It has been a pleasure. I brag about SHD all the time.
- Natalie M
I appreciate this team and how everyone shows up for one another, the clients, the work, all of it. I feel everyone's heart, and it's nice to be a part of a team like this one.
- Diane P
What you will be doing:
- Researching, planning, writing, designing, and executing social media campaigns.
- Figuring out what channels are appropriate for clients based on their industry, experience and budget.
- Helping with existing social media strategies for current clients.
- Receiving and providing feedback on your social media work and the work of others.
- Launching and measuring your campaigns to prove their value.
- Improving our social media processes and making things more efficient.
- Occasionally meeting with clients and/or corresponding with clients.
- Helping your teammates when they get stuck in any of the above areas.
Skills & Abilities
What we would love to see in this role:
Teamwork & Collaboration:
- Loves to partake in and contribute to team happiness and culture.
- Finds joy in helping people, whether a teammate or a client.
- Is a strong communicator, both written and orally.
- Enjoys working with complex concepts and simplifying them.
Accountability & Integrity:
- Takes charge when something needs to be done, takes care of it.
- Geeks out over social media and its possibilities.
- Proactively sets expectations when managing projects so that everyone is on the same page and tasks are delivered on time.
- Believes in under-promising and over-delivering.
- Believes that excellent communication is at the heart of everything.
- Owns mistakes, learns, and grows from them.
- Avoids blame when a teammate makes mistakes and helps them own, learn and grow from them.
Creativity & Curiosity:
- Loves to take risks and try new things.
- Enjoys thinking through all the possibilities with the team to deliver what the clients need, not just what they want.
- Embraces the unknown and can adapt to shifts in priorities.
- Looks outside the day to day to ensure continuous learning.
Quality & Excellence:
- Holds themself and teammates to high standards when it comes to producing products or services.
- Has real experience creating social media strategies and campaigns, designing and executing the campaigns, measuring and reporting on the campaigns.
- Has a desire to grow a small business and grow with the small business.
Your experience will look something like this:
- Three to five (or more) years of experience with social media.
- You have taken companies from zero social media presence to a large number of followers and helped them measurably grow their business.
- You are familiar with utilizing social media as a social selling tool for service-based companies.
- You have worked remotely (ha, hasn't everyone now?).
- You are used to wearing many hats (remember, small business).
- Your resume and repertoire probably includes most, if not all, of these things:
- Canva, Photoshop, Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, Accessibility, Print.
- LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter.
Equal Opportunity & Dedication to Diversity
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. More details here.
One Last Thing
This is a marketing, ongoing contract position, possibly 10-15 hours of work per week or more depending on workflow. There is potential to switch to part time or full time at some point in the future, should that interest you.
Individuals only, no agencies or teams, please.
Here is what to do next:
No agencies or teams, please.
- Fill out the form, linked below.
- When entering your Full Name, include " - InstaGlam" at the end.
- In your Cover Letter, address the following items:
- Describe your marketing and social media experience. Can you share some examples of your work?
- Where do you go for design inspiration?
- What are your career goals, and what would make you happiest?
- What are your three most vital attributes?
- Why are you suited to this position precisely?
- How would you rate yourself on a scale of 1-5 for each of these:
- Graphic Design, Project Management, Organization, Deadlines, Strategy
- What is your favorite tool for managing social media?
- What is your hourly rate?
- Describe yourself in one GIF.
Here is the form: https://forms.monday.com/forms/fcd04753b2fdc14c7ae1dcf09264fc15?r=use1