In this contract position, we are looking for a technical person, this job is for developers. You must be a developer, more than you are a designer.
Please follow the directions if you're interested!
Do you take pride in your code and have a knack for problem solving?
Would you describe yourself as someone who:
Is a top performer who loves technical challenges? An organized, self-starter who takes coding tasks and runs with them? Loves to help people and make their lives easier? Code the crap out of a website with super clean code? And believe in good usability and aesthetics?
While we need your technical help for the tricky stuff, most of our sites our built with Beaver Builder (what we consider the best page builder - and much more - for our clients). We occasionally need to add custom features or troubleshoot something technical for existing or new clients. We welcome and encourage creative technical solutions. But before we go on, are you willing to work with us using Beaver Builder?
If this describes you then we need to talk.
We welcome you to join our 100% remote (always) team that works on flexible schedules. You can work when you want, from where you want, as long as we have some overlap with Pacific time.
- Quarterly remote parties, let the fun begin!
- Quarterly snack boxes right to your front door.
- The occasional, random virtual happy hour.
- When times are good, a yearly in-person meet-up.
- Yearly courses to improve your skills.
- Quarterly bonuses for work done well.
- Excellent pay scale.
From Your Future Teammates:
I love this team; I'm so grateful to be part of it still.
- Corina P
I think work and the people who work here saved me this past year, encouraged me to grow, and continue to do so without even knowing it. Grateful always.
- Danielle I
I can't say enough good things about working here. It has been a pleasure. I brag about SHD all the time.
- Natalie M
I appreciate this team and how everyone shows up for one another, the clients, the work, all of it. I feel everyone's heart, and it's nice to be a part of a team like this one.
- Diane P
What you will be doing:
- Custom development. For example, writing code to interact with a third-party API and integrating it in a WordPress site. Or creating a custom filter and search functionality.
- Data migrations. For example, we inherit a large website project, which requires creating custom import scripts.
- Internal support for team members. For example, helping team members with git issues.
- Troubleshooting technical issues. For example, email deliverability issues, DNS issues, manually installing SSL certificates.
- Research and technical advice. Exploring new technologies and tools that could help improve our development processes.
Skills & Abilities
What we would love to see in this role:
Teamwork & Collaboration:
- Loves to partake in and contribute to team happiness and culture.
- Finds joy in helping people, whether a teammate or a client.
- Is a strong communicator, both written and orally.
- Enjoys working with complex concepts and simplifying them.
Accountability & Integrity:
- Takes charge when something needs to be done, takes care of it.
- Geeks out over WordPress and its possibilities.
- Proactively sets expectations when managing projects so that everyone is on the same page and tasks are delivered on time.
- Believes in under-promising and over-delivering.
- Believes that excellent communication is at the heart of everything.
- Owns mistakes, learns, and grows from them.
- Avoids blame when a teammate makes mistakes and helps them own, learn and grow from them.
Creativity & Curiosity:
- Loves to take risks and try new things.
- Enjoys thinking through all the possibilities with the team to deliver what the clients need, not just what they want.
- Embraces the unknown and can adapt to shifts in priorities.
- Looks outside the day to day to ensure continuous learning.
Quality & Excellence:
- Holds themself and teammates to high standards when it comes to producing products or services.
- Has real experience building websites, creating plugins, or custom features.
- Has a desire to grow a small business and grow with the small business.
Your experience will look something like this:
- Seven to ten (or more) years of experience building and managing websites.
- You have taken websites from concept to completion and understand the whole cycle (including DNS setups).
- You know WordPress inside and out and are innately familiar with the technical complexities.
- You have worked remotely (ha, hasn't everyone now?).
- You are used to wearing many hats (remember, small business).
Equal Opportunity & Dedication to Diversity
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. More details here.
One Last Thing
This is a technical, ongoing contract position, possibly 5-10 hours of work per week or more depending on workflow and if you're open to working with Beaver Builder. There is potential to switch to part time or full time at some point in the future, should that interest you.
No agencies or teams, please.
Here is what to do next:
No agencies or teams, please.
- Fill out the form, linked below.
- When entering your Full Name, include "- Sandwiches" at the end.
- In your Cover Letter, address the following items:
- What are your favorite WordPress plugins?
- What are your favorite tools?
- What are your career goals, and what would make you happiest?
- What are your three most vital attributes?
- Why are you suited to this position precisely?
- What is your most significant success?
- How would you rate yourself on a scale of 1-5 for each of these:
- PHP, WP, JS, CSS, LESS, DNS knowledge
- How do you feel about Beaver Builder or the like?
- What is your hourly rate?
- Describe yourself in one GIF.
Here is the form: https://forms.monday.com/forms/fcd04753b2fdc14c7ae1dcf09264fc15?r=use1