Avenova is a prescription lid and lash cleanser made by NovaBay, a pharmaceutical company developing products for the eye care market. NovaBay came to Smack Happy to redesign the Avenova website, tidy it up, and pair it down to align with their future goals for their business and the target audience.
The website needed to be catered to their target audience, defined as eye care physicians, patients, and pharmacists. The new website needed to do the following:
- Help patients easily find the coupon card to redeem their rebate.
- Assist patients in finding answers to their questions about the product.
- Help potential new patients learn about the product in general and if it could be right for their eye condition.
- Give physicians more information about the product, why Avenova is different, and why they’d want to prescribe it.
Ultimately, the Avenova website should be a useful resource for existing patients and physicians, potential new patients and physicians and potential new partners.
We wanted to give Avenova a more modern, professional feel, while also being easy to navigate. Our idea to help each audience find exactly what they needed was to create a redirect cookie so that the first page you see presents a choice to go to either the patient, physician, or pharmacist related content. Each section of the site was designed into separate “tabs” in the navigation for ease of use. We also incorporated blues, oranges, eye-related elements, and photography to really pull the entire brand together. All sections of the site include special offers, and contact forms specific to each audience.
The new, optimized website is now easier for users to get the answers they need to help them with their (or their patient’s) eye condition(s). The team at Avenova now finds the site much easier to navigate and use on the backend to easily and quickly make updates and find the information they’re looking for. The site also:
- Presents a simplified and cohesive design and structure to support site visitors.
- Narrows down the focus and benefits of the product.
- Enables resources like FAQs, how-to documentation, and savings opportunities easy to find in order to cut down on customer support.
In addition to that, the responsive site also includes stored forms, speed optimizations, https, CDN, Google Analytics, anti-spam features, and regular pings to Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
B2B, B2C, Health & Wellness
September 21, 2018
From the Client
I work for a pharmaceutical company who hired Smack Happy to redesign one of our product websites, and I could not be more happy with the work they did! Danielle was absolutely amazing throughout the whole process. She and her team were extremely knowledgeable, attentive and patient with us. Smack Happy kept us on track and provided weekly updates and reminders to make sure the project went as smoothly as possible. In the end we got the exact website we wanted. The team at Smack Happy went above and beyond my expectations and I hope I have the chance to work with them again in the future!