Damesly is a woman-owned travel company that offers unique, adventures, workshops, and self-discovery trips for women. Kelly Lewis (CEO) wanted to update her website to better suit the needs of her audience.
Overview of Needs
- Enhance destinations page user experience, content, & aesthetic
- Needed a revamp in the way that the trips are displayed as products. Tours should have dates clearly displayed and be listed in order.
- Booking needs to be easy for customers – should be a seamless flow.
- Update aesthetic and content for the home and about pages
- End-result to be designed to the aesthetic to the Destinations design.
- Destinations to be presented in two ways: List of trip types and regions.
- Arrange content in a nice, clean and understandable way, to make it easy for customers to easily choose where they want to go.
- Clearly explain what Damesly is all about.
- Incorporate sister brands.
- Make it well known that this is a women’s tour company offering creative tours for women
- Answers the customer’s questions & sets expectations well
- Damesly is a women-centric tour company
- Damesly allows you to see what is available to you in a very easy way
- Damesly manages expectations well
- Look professional
- To support women around the world
- To sell different types of trips
After a series of deep-dives into each aspect of the website updates— we agreed on a path to move forward with on the destinations page first as this was the most technical and pressing update. We went through a few rounds of mockups, where we integrated upgraded features in WooCommerce paired with a beautiful design.
Since Kelly subscribes to one of our WordPress Support packages – we were able to tackle the remaining items overtime. Next, we began work on the homepage. For this piece, we added Beaver Builder to ensure that anyone could make seamless updates to the homepage if needed in the future. After 2 to 3 rounds of iteration, we launched the new homepage live. The homepage now matches the look and feel of the destinations page, and is presented in a more organized manner for potential customers.
After the homepage, the facelift to the about page went off without a hitch. Now that Beaver Builder is integrated with the website, it made this extremely easy to bring in the design elements from the homepage that pair well with the new overall design direction.
As we continue further updates, Kelly is really happy about the web design results so far. We are, too! Going through the list of goals, pain points, and desires for the website—we’re confident the results speak for themselves. Many other updates were made along the way, including template updates to the header and footer, website optimizations, an interactive map, the addition of trip type categories and more.
We’re always delighted to support women-owned businesses that support other women across the globe. If you are a badass lady traveler, make sure you check out the amazing trips and tours available for you!
After the latest updates to the about page, Kelly went on to say, “I love it so much. It is so beautiful.”
B2C, E-commerce, Small Business
November 21, 2019
From the Client
We don't have a testimonial yet from this client!